Saturday, 26 August 2017

An Irresistible Knitting Pun

I love a good fingering knitting goddess project bag

I love a good fingering! Sorry. TMI? Nonetheless, it seems I am not alone in this. Many of you could not resist this project bag by The Knitting Goddess because it sold out as soon as she added it to her shop. I only found out about it when it was too late. I was very disappointed because this bag brings together my hobby and my job. Wait, that might need explaining...

Knitting project bag, Ravelry badge, EYF badge

Some of you who follow me on Twitter know that I work for a company that is all about sexual happiness. So how could I resist this bag? It's perfect! I love the double entendre. One of my more innocent colleagues asked me in horror if I was going to use that bag in public - I have absolutely no problem with that. I think it's fun - and I am so glad I managed to get my hands on one of them from the second round of printing.

screenprinted project bag for knitting

This bag is just the right size for a sock WIP, yarn, needles and notions. The bottom is flat so the bag can stand up on its own, and this design makes it a little roomier than I expected. Perfect, if you ask me. The screenprinted design is flawless and the monochromatic simplicity makes you focus on the message. This bag has a sturdy zip to match the material, but I would have preferred a slightly less chunky zip, to be honest. Still, it does what it's meant to do and definitely won't break. 


According to the label, the cotton bag was made in a Fair Trade factory in India and The Knitting Goddess printed it in her studio in Harrogate. She uses eco-friendly water-based inks, too, so you really can't go wrong with her bags. I like little touches like the wooden tag attached to the zip, showing the company logo and web address. 

What do you think of this bag? Would you get one yourself - and have you? I have to say I am also tempted by the "I like big balls" bag now. I need to cast on more to justify another purchase first!

5 comments:

  1. I saw this bag on instagram and had a good laugh about it, but not sure I'd go out in public with it to be honest :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit in-your-face, I agree! I wonder how people will react. Of course I probably wouldn't have much reason to carry it around openly in front of the general public. Anyone who sees it would probably be a knitters. :D

      Delete
  2. Love it! I could probably get away work it in public (mind you, I have been scolded for my Vagina Monologues: Spread the Word t-shirt). I'd have to remember to switch bags before bringing a project to work, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the Vagina Monologues are great! :( Hmph. I can understand that the bag may not be ideal for work, though.

      Delete
  3. I signed up for her newsletter so I can try and snag one the next time it comes out - love it! Hahaah!

    ReplyDelete