Saturday, 6 May 2017

King Cole Zig Zag 4-Ply

King Cole Zig Zag 4-ply Bilberry Pie yarn review

This may be the longest pair of socks I have ever knitted - and by that I don't mean that they are knee socks. It's just taking me a very long time to knit them and I am still on the first sock of the pair! 

I was sent yarn by Laughing Hens who gave me this King Cole Zig Zag 4-ply in the Bilberry Pie colourway. As you can see, it knits up in stripes, some of which are patterned. Unlike the name, you do not get any zig zags, though. The colours go well together, I think, and even though this kind of patterned sock yarn isn't my cup of tea, these socks will make a great present for someone else.

The yarn knits up well and feels like your average sock yarn that will wear well and not cause any trouble. If you like sturdy, reliable sock yarn, this is a good choice. Especially knitters who prefer knitting vanilla socks, but want features to add interest to the plain pattern, should have a look at this yarn. Choose your favourite colour combination and give it a go! 

King Cole Zig Zag 4-ply Bilberry Pie yarn review

I am knitting a pair of socks from this yarn as a Christmas present. You can never start to early! However, I thought I'd have finished them by now. I wish I had more time to knit lately, but you know how it is. Luckily, there is lots of time till Christmas so these socks will get done. I'd love to do a bit more Christmas knitting - and then there is still that jumper I have been wanting to knit for ages.

Let me now if you have used King Cole Zig Zag before and what you think of it. Do you like patterned yarns or do you prefer others?

Disclosure: This yarn was sent to me free of charge by Laughing Hens in exchange for a review. My opinions are impartial and honest and I do not receive monetary compensation for my post.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you certainly are on top of your Christmas knitting! I've never worked with this particular yarn before but do love the occasional vanilla sock in a self patterning yarn.

    ReplyDelete