Saturday, 24 December 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays


At first I was going to show you the last mini-skeins from my Opal Advent Calendar, but it's been such a wonderful day full of Christmas goings-on that I simply want to wish you all a merry Christmas and happy holidays, whatever you celebrate at this time of year, regardless of faith or lack thereof. 

As I tweeted earlier today, seeing how much I love Christmas, you'd never guess I was a born Muslim turned atheist. This season is such a wonderful time for me for a variety of reasons: the decorations, the twinkling lights everywhere, the atmosphere, strangers being more friendly and charitable towards others, choosing gifts for the ones you love, baking cookies, making your home feel even more cosy, crafting seasonal decorations, the food... There is so much I enjoy about Christmas and I hope that you do, too. 

This year Mark and I are spending the holidays by ourselves and the days are filled with music, films and food preparation. I cook, he bakes, and currently the flat smells so wonderfully of lemons because of Mark's first baked cheesecake that's cooling in the oven.

Today we will have a traditional German Christmas Eve dinner of potato salad and Frankfurters, but tomorrow I am making our usual German/British Christmas dinner. (The German bits are potato dumplings and caramelised sauerkraut.) 

I wish you all a fantastic time, peace and good health. See you after the holidays!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and thanks for all the great posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Liz! I hope you had a nice holiday. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too! I've grown up atheist (and still am) but also love this season nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! Lovely to see another lover of Christmas, regardless of beliefs. :) Enjoy your time off!

      Delete