Thursday, 29 December 2016

A Woolly Engagement - With Photos!

A woolly knitting engagement k2tog

I'm not sure what happened this year, but it has seemed like the shortest year of my life. It has probably also been the worst year for a lot of people for various reasons and while we look forward to 2016 coming to an end, many of us are very likely worried about 2017.

The only good thing, it seems, to have come out of this year for me is our engagement. After 9 years, Mark and I are fairly sure that we like each other so we are making it official now and getting married next year. 

Wool and engagement ring

The proposal was not at all how I expected it (and I didn't know it was going to happen then and there), but it was better! We were on holiday at the seaside in Torquay, out in a garden, all by ourselves. Mark was so nervous that I had to put the ring on my finger myself because he was afraid he'd drop it. And of course I said yes, as if there was ever any doubt.

And being a knitter, of course our engagement photos had to have a woolly theme. After all, what encapsulates the love between two people better than k2tog? May life knit us together for many more years to come till our yarn is cut short.

Engagement ring photo
 
(Photography: John Barwood)

2 comments: