Saturday, 10 September 2016

Wedding Shawl: Update 5

RosaFlora wedding shawl

I am in love with this shawl. RosaFlora took me only one month to knit, a third of the time I had anticipated. This is the first time, if I remember correctly, that I have knitted a shawl without any remaining mistakes. I couldn't resist adding more beads than the pattern called for, so the bind off is decorated with golden glass beads throughout. 

This is a delicate shawl made from pure silk and it is lovely. It is very large, too, even though I didn't block it aggressively and there was still a lot of give in it when I matched the dimensions suggested in the pattern. This is probably the largest shawl I have ever made.

silk beaded wedding shawl

The knitting didn't go as smoothly as hoped at the start, but I managed to fix it all. As I went on, the lace became easier to read and I made fewer mistakes. And, can I just say, stitch markers were essential! 

Then, just as I blocked the shawl, I realised I forgot one single bead in the bind off! Once the piece was dry, I undid part of the bind off to fix it and had to block that part again, but it was easier than I feared it would be. I am really looking forward to wearing this shawl on my wedding day! Only one whole year to wait now...

6 comments:

  1. It's abso-lutely-lovely! So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am so happy with it.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. I definitely recommend this pattern if you enjoy lace knitting.

      Delete
  3. This is an absolute dream! It's going to be so special wearing it on your big day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becca. I can hardly wait!

      Delete