Saturday, 24 September 2016

Cornish Tin II: I Finally Got It


Hurray! This week I got my hands on 4 hanks of Blacker Yarn's limited edition Cornish Tin II. I nearly forgot the day it launched and only my Twitter feed reminded me. 

Some colourways were already sold out when I checked with Blacker so I panicked and spent the tail end of my lunchbreak trying to make a purchase on the tiny screen of my phone. In the end I bought my hanks of 4-ply from Brityarn because Isla stocked exactly the two colours I had my eye on. 

If you really, really want to get your hands on some 4-ply or DK, you do need to hurry because there isn't much left, it seems. Check out all yarn stores you know of just in case. I missed out on the first Cornish Tin last year and am still sad about it.

The yarn feels lovely and soft and has a subtle sheen. It will work very well for the shawl I have in mind. I can't wait to knit one in two colours! This woollen-spun yarn is a blend of wool, alpaca and mohair - so it's something quite special to have in your stash. Nice and soft and not scratchy at all so far. You get about 350 m in a hank, so that's quite a good amount.

Have you managed to buy any of this yarn? Which colours did you choose and what are you planning to make?

4 comments:

  1. Those colours are beautiful and so fitting for this time of year <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they? When I look at the, I am reminded of Gryffindor as well, though. :D

      Delete
  2. Stunning colours!! I tried out the previous batch of Cornish Tin and it was amazing and has held up beautifully. you were smart to get some!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to hear. I'm glad I got it quickly!

      Delete