I have hit a snag.
I have made a lot of progress since my last update, mainly thanks to finally adding stitch markers and a lifeline to this WIP. As someone who makes stitch markers, I should really have done this much earlier, right? I am very good at not taking my own advice, as you can see.
Anyway, the markers now divide all the repeats so I'll notice straight away when I make a mistake and the stitch count is off. The lifeline prevents me needing to undo far more than necessary if I do have to rip back sometimes. All in all progress is much quicker now and knitting is far more fun, too.
And yet I have been forced to take a break. Why? Because silly me bought the wrong size beads.
I was just about to start adding the first bead when I realised that I couldn't get my crochet hook through them. Hm. That never happened before. I bought the beads from the same place as usual and I had been very confident about the size. After all, there are only two to choose from. Unfortunately, I forgot I tend to buy bigger ones than those meant for lace and 4-ply yarn so now I need to exchange them for the correct size.
Until then I will have to be patient. In the meantime I have finished a Christmas knit that I started over a year ago, made from some of my very first handspun. That only took one evening, so now I think I will pass my time with reading that book I started not too long ago and put the needles to one side even though I can't wait to get on with the shawl. I am very much enjoying knitting it!