Saturday, 6 August 2016

Review: Wollmeise Wool Wash



When I went to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival I bought a hank of Wollmeise lace and didn't notice that I got a small sample of wool wash, too. Can you tell how excited I was about the day that I didn't even see this? It was a nice surprise when I found the small bottle in the bag nearly a week later! 

It didn't take long for me to give it a go, bit for some reason I simply assumed it was a wool wash like Soak that doesn't need rinsing. Oops. It says right there on the bottle that you need to wash and rinse your knitting. Luckily, my mistake doesn't seem to have caused any problems, though.

My sample was the scented variety (there is also a scentless one) which is quite strong, but nice if you like florals. To me it had a typical detergent smell, if you know what I mean. Not unpleasant, but it reminded me if laundry soap. There was no doubt this is for washing fabrics. I used the contents of the small sample bottle to wash a cowl, a hat and some gloves that I had been wearing quite a lot in Edinburgh. For some reason I only ever go there when it's cold!

I checked the Wollmeise website for more info later on, which states that the ingredients are eco-friendly and of high quality. It is gentle and can be used for wool as well as other delicate fabrics. You can use it to wash your woolly things by hand or in the washing machine as long as you do not exceed 40 degrees Celsius. Wollmeise recommends 15 ml for every 10 L, though I have to say I measured by eye.

My freshly washed knitting was nice and fluffy afterwards so I would recommend it, especially if you use Wollmeise yarn a lot as the wool wash was made specifically for this yarn. It could not top my favourite Soak, however, which comes in a variety of scents and requires no rinsing. Perfect for lazy me.

Have you tried the Wollmeise wool wash yet? Do you like it?


2 comments:

  1. I might have to keep an eye out for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried this wash, have to say I sticked with Eucalan so far.

    ReplyDelete