Friday, 29 July 2016

The Wedding Shawl: Update 2


Stitch by stitch, row by row, the shawl is growing. The wedding is still more than a year away so I don't mind the many times I have already had to rip back and fix mistakes. I'm glad I am not in a rush.

I have now finished the fourth chart and there are four more to go. The rows will get longer and there will be more of them per chart, too, but now the most interesting part of the pattern begins. The leafy sections start here and I haven't knitted a pattern quite like this before, so I am looking forward to it.

Not much else has happened in the way of knitting, as you can imagine. I am focusing entirely on this wedding shawl and all other WIPs have got to wait. How many things are you currently working on?


3 comments:

  1. I love to see how your wedding shawl is growing, it's such a stunning design. It must be quite meditative to work on! I'm currently working on 4 projects or so, mostly socks though (as per usual).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 WIPs? Wow! You won't be bored, that's for sure, and you can't go wrong with socks.

      I'm not sure how meditative my shawl is, to be honest, because I have to pay such close attention to each stitch. This fourth chart was easier, though, and I memorised the pattern after a while, which was great. It also made knitting a lot faster.

      Delete
  2. It looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished photos.

    How many things am I working on: too many. But onwards we go...

    ReplyDelete