Saturday, 2 July 2016

The Wedding Shawl Decision

Image: Romi Hill


Those who know me, know how hard it is for me to make a final decision. About anything. I will often choose one thing, only to change my mind again soon after. This is a problem when it comes to buying yarn and this time it was also an issue trying to decide on which shawl I would knit for my wedding.

After posting my top 4 choices recently, I realised that even my absolute favourite wasn't entirely right. This bothered me and after deciding that, no, I am not going to design a shawl for the occasion, I had a look through Ravelry yet again and very quickly came upon RosaFlora by Romi Hill. I saw it and fell in love with it straight away - and yet I didn't buy it. It took another week for me to go ahead and make the purchase, and only after I found a suitable yarn. 

Now, yarn was a big issue as well. I knew I wanted 100% silk, but none was available in pure white. Luckily, the shawl pattern calls for a particular silk yarn from Dye for Yarn so I had a look at their store again. To my surprise, I found a pretty hank of golden cream and rosy pink that I hope will look wonderful and match the colour theme. Watch this space for photos once the yarn arrives!

I assumed, judging from the shawl pattern and pictures, that the yarn is a gradient, but I am not convinced that that's the case, actually. The product description doesn't say so, so I hope I won't be too disappointed. I will just have to wait and see what it's like when it arrives. (It is a nice touch that this yarn is coming from my home country, coincidentally.)

Have any of you knitted this shawl before? I like Romi Hill's patterns and have known about them for years. However, I don't think I ever knitted any of them.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your choice! Romi Hill's designs are absolutely beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your progress -- I know you'll keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner! This is going to be beautiful! Looking forward to having a nosy when your yarn arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete