Sunday, 1 May 2016

My Colleagues Know Me Well

Earlier this week I celebrated my birthday by taking the day off work and spending it in Bristol. It was a lovely day despite the weird weather: we had hail, snow, rain and lots of sunshine, too. I wasn't dressed for the temperatures at all and was a bit chilly, but it was a very good day.

The day before my actual birthday, I organised a pre-birthday lunch with home-cooked food. My French colleague even baked two cakes! 

My colleagues surprised me with fab gifts, too: a beautiful teal skein of Kettle Yarn Co's Islington (4-ply) that I think I will use to design a pair of socks. The colour is just right and not one I already have in socks. Carmen from A Yarn Story helped choose the yarn. Obviously, she knows me well!

In addition to the yarn, I also received a knitting pattern for nipple tassels - those who know where I work will understand why (the same goes for the embroidered card my colleagues made for me)! Finally, there are potted flowers to fill the empty pot I had on my desk since my little Christmas tree died at the beginning of the year, and a handmade crown for me, the Queen of German Content. 



These are the best gifts I have ever been given at any job! And, clearly, my colleagues know me very well. Do you exchange gifts at work on birthdays? Are your colleagues great at gift-giving?

No comments:

Post a Comment