Sunday, 15 May 2016

Inglis Mitts: Finished!


Paul Young in this week's Bath Chronicle Weekend magazine

Not sure if Paul Young approves, but I have finally finished my Inglis Mitts that I started in Edinburgh, just a day after the yarn festival

This project took surprisingly long because I simply didn't feel like knitting for a while. The pattern was also quite demanding in that it required me to pay close attention to all charted and written instructions at the same time, which I don't like. There was quite a lot of ripping back and tinking involved, so no wonder I didn't feel the love all the time.

Of course the mitts are done just in time for our brief heatwave. Well, they will just have to wait till next autumn or winter to get some wear.

I still need to give them a good soak and I am curious as to how this will change the wool. Apparently, it should bloom and I hope this will make the fabric a little bit denser. The wool, Ysolda's Blend 1, is very pleasant to knit and perfectly suited for cabling, as you can see. I hope to take some more photos once the mitts are washed ... and I remember to finally charge my camera's batteries.

4 comments:

  1. These are lovely! And I wouldn't get too optimistic about them not getting any wear until autumn, who knows what European summer will bring us..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, you can never tell what may happen! I am thinking about knitting a matching cowl now with the same cable stitch pattern. I rarely knit matching sets so this could be interesting.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Aren't they gorgeous! Glad you stuck with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judi. They were worth finishing properly and I look forward to wearing them.

      Delete