Friday, 1 April 2016

The Bath to Edinburgh Hat - Finished!


This is not a joke! I said I would knit a hat on the train journey from Bath to Edinburgh and that is exactly what I did. I finished with a good two hours to spare and the hat came in handy immediately, as you can see. It was a bit chilly o the first two days, but all in all I have never been in Edinburgh at a milder time than this year, so I am certainly not complaining.


I did make a mistake after frogging the decreases, which you can see in the first photo. I failed to use a strand of yarn when picking up my stitches! Oops. Now there is a lonely strand running across one rib. I shall think of it as a design feature.


3 comments:

  1. Design feature it is :D The hat is looking great! I've never been to Edinburgh but should definitely head over there at some point, it looks like such an inspiring place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the chunky yarn I used for thid hst do I may have to knit one for myself - with a bigger pompom!

      You should absolutely go to Edinburgh if you have the chance. It is a beautiful place with lots to see and do. And of course there's the yarn fest.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete