Saturday, 9 April 2016

Such a Slow Knitter


I am such a slow knitter lately. No wonder I haven't even finished my first Inglis Mitt yet! I only have the thumb left to do on the first of the pair and haven't knitted a stitch in over a week now. This is an appalling state of affairs, I have to say. And I don't even have any decent photos... I am ashamed.

That said, I enjoyed knitting this one and I do love the yarn. I am hoping it will bloom a little after a soak, as it says on the band. The fabric is a little too loose for my liking at present. 

I did have some trouble with the pattern and had to rip back an inexcusable number of times because I often miss out on instructions like these: they require you to read a chart alongside written instructions. So the first time around I was nearly done with the whole cable stitch pattern - and thus the whole mitt - when I realised I missed the thumb increases because they are in the written portion only. Argh! I really hated having to switch between the two all the time and having the pattern in the Wool Tribe magazine made it worse because I had to turn pages to do so. Our printer/copier is broken so I couldn't just photocopy the pages and I can't seem to open the PDF file of the magazine on my iPad either. Technology, you've let me down.

 
However, as I said, I really like the yarn. It is undyed and consists of mainly white and grey fibres with a few dark strands in it. Normally, that would bother me, but the darker individual strands give it character. Also, this yarn is unbelievably soft. No surprise there! The yarn contains white Merino, Polwarth and Zwartbels. I hadn't used Zwartbels before and who can resist that name anyway?

What's on your needles right now? And how is your knitting mojo?

2 comments:

  1. This looks so gorgeous! I love the colour and the pattern. I'm not an especially fast knitter either, although I do spend a lot of my free time on it, so it seems like I get a lot done... I think I'm ok with that method! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking your time is perfectly fine. I just worry I may have lost interest in knitting altogether when I am as slow as this. I didn't knit for a week, but then again I had other things to do and I forget that. Still, I have no excuse not to knit that thumb now!

      You do seem to get a lot of knitting done. I love catching up with your blog.

      Delete