Sunday, 17 January 2016

It's Happening: Edinburgh Yarn Festival 2016


Image: Edinburgh Yarn Festival


For the past two years I have been very jealous of anyone who went to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival. Especially last year was tough as I looked at everyone's fun photos on social media and blogs. 

Since I live at the other end of the country entirely, getting to Edinburgh is always a bit of a trek and requires lots of planning and time. So this year we decided that we would go up there in time for the festival and make it our annual holiday. A full week in our favourite city! Wool! Scotland! I'm very excited. The hotel and train tickets are booked, so all we do is wait till March.

Unlike my previous yarn festival visits, I have decided not to bother setting myself a budget. I intend to BUY ALL THE THINGS! The list of vendors is just too awesome and international to restrict myself. I don't want to leave, regretting I didn't buy this or that. Some of the yarns from abroad would be hard to get my hands on any other way. It's all coming with me!

To make this happen, I will be taking a small empty suitcase with me. I may also have to post some things back and I will most certainly need another big storage box for all of my new purchases. My existing three are already full to bursting, believe it or not. 

So there goes my resolve to knit from my stash before buying new yarn, but then again I had no idea I would be going to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival. That's a valid excuse, right?

Are you going, too? We might bump into each other. Please don't be shy and say hi if you recognise me.

8 comments:

  1. You're living the dream! Would love to go! Can't wait to hear all about it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope I remember my camera in all the excitement!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like fun :-D

    Unfortunately I live in the other side of the pool in the PNW ... but love Scotland ;-)

    Please post LOTS of pics of the festival and the landscape. Thank you!

    I am trying very hard not to be green-eyed. LOL. Stay safe and thoroughly enjoy yourself on your holiday break.

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be prepared for lots of photos! The place is so beautiful and I hope to see some new places, too. Thanks for your lovely comment, Val.

      Delete
  3. YES to Buy All The Thing!! Cannot wait to see what you bring home. And now it officially feels like I'm the only person not going :( Maybe one day I can find a cheap flight to Scotland and go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a visit if you can make it, even if it isn't during a yarn festival. Edinburgh is an awesome place, though it is probably not representative of Scotland (just like London is nothing like the rest of England). I love it, though.

      Delete
  4. That's the weekend after my birthday, I might have to go! Probably for the 19th.

    ReplyDelete