Saturday, 21 November 2015

Knitting and Crochet Inspiration: Winter


For us knitters, autumn is the time we think about what to knit that will keep us warm in winter. While we are having a very mild autumn where I am (and I am not complaining), the dreaded winter cold is always looming in the back of my mind. So if like me you need some knitting and crochet inspiration, I have put together four patterns that appealed to me during my recent forages through Ravelry's bottomless database. Enjoy!

 1. Nothing screams cosy winter nights like Snow White's cardigan. I love the colour and patterning of the yoke. It's the perfect piece for the season so I just had to show it to you. The pattern is available for free in English and Norwegian.

2. Ysolda Teague's Cadeautje features an intriguing bit of thrumming that is very easy to do, but I have not yet tried. Thrumming, as demonstrated by Ysolda herself in her Technique Thursday post, results in extremely cosy slippers that will keep your feet toasty no matter the weather. One day I will have to give these a go myself!

3. If you're tired of knitting, how about crocheting this festive bauble instead? Snow Swells is an intermediate pattern that won't take too long to finish. If you hurry, you might have enough to hang on your tree come Christmas.

4. These Snow Flurry Mittens are beautiful and I am loving that turquoise. The colour combination definitely makes me think of crisp winter days with deep layers of snow. This pattern is available in one size with two different lengths, so check any measurement on the pattern page to make sure they will fit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment