Sunday, 4 October 2015

Tag, You're It!


And now for something a little different. My fellow craft blogger and writer Icy tagged me as part of the Blogger Interview Tag, asking four questions about what we do in this little part of the internet.

So let's get started!

How did you get into blogging?

Shortly after I taught myself to knit, I wanted to have a place to record my projects. I thought it would be nice to read back and see what I made since learning the most basic stitches. Back then I wasn't reading blogs and wasn't interested in whether anyone was reading mine. My blog was simply for me. If anyone else read it, that was a bonus. 

Nowadays I still see it the same way, but I am aware that I have readers and I see the blog partly as an extension of my business, too, although I don't want it to turn into a blog set to sell you things. I just want it to be an interesting read about knitting.

What advice would you give to bloggers starting out?

It helps to know what you want from a blog. Do you just want a place to write down your thoughts? Are you looking to connect with people and have discussions? Are you going to focus on a particular topic? Do you want to use your blog to drive sales for your business? Making that decision will help you fill your blog with the right content and find the best tone.

Be aware that nowadays people tend not to leave comments as much as they used to. Instead, they are more active on social media so make it possible for your readers to reach you there, too. Add social media widgets to your blog and don't get disheartened by few people commenting directly on your blog.

What would be your dream campaign?

Since my blog is primarily a private blog rather than a business one, this doesn't really apply to me. I'm happy to keep things small and maybe review products for knitters and spinners once in a while if businesses are interested, but this is very rare, which is a good thing. By the way, very few of my reviews are about things sent to me by businesses and I mention it in the relevant blog posts.

Do you have a plan for your blog?

At this stage I want to keep the blog as it is. I am very happy with it and intend to keep up the regular posts. (That said, this post is later than expected due to illness - sorry about that.) What I post about next depends on what I will be making! 

Let's keep the tag going! I tag:

fluffyowlsadventures.blogspot.co.uk
woollenwilderness.com



No comments:

Post a Comment