Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Wollmeise Pure - Femme Fatale

Last month I helped out a friend in Germany and to my surprise she sent me a lovely little package with all kinds of good German stuff including this hank of Wollmeise Pure!

She definitely got my kinds of colours there. This is one of the accidental hanks that aren't quite dyed the way they were meant to, so Wollmeise sell them at a slightly lower price. That said, the yarns are still beautifully dyed. This hank was meant to be a Femme Fatale and I am happy with it as it is. As far as I can tell, the original colourway consists of colours that contrast more strongly than they do here, but I prefer colours that blend well anyway and do not contrast too much, so this is perfect for me.

The yarn is 100% superwash, but I haven't yet decided whether to knit a little shawlette or socks with it. Maybe I will just wait a little while till I have a matching yarn to make something larger with. I haven't weighed the hank, but I think it is 150g that run to 525m. Pretty good!

If you have any pattern suggestions, please let me know!

13 comments:

  1. Love that red! It looks like one is supposed to drink it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like a deep red wine! I love that visual.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely and considerate gift! I think it would look wonderful in a small shawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A while back I used a mango coloured hank of this yarn for a little shawl. It is a bit too small for my liking, but the yarn is perfect for shawls nonetheless.

      Delete
  3. a wonderful gift - I think a shawl would work best myself. Also LOVE the name for the colour 'femme fatale', absolutely excellent - jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two votes for a shawl! I think it will win.

      Delete
  4. That's beautiful- it would look great in a shawl, fabulous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The psh shawl from knit picks would be lovely in that color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip, Kathy. I will have a look at it later today.

      Delete
  6. Wait for it.....CAMPSIDE would be amazing in that yarn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, I really like that one! I may not have enough yarn for that size, but I would love to make it.

      Delete