Sunday, 2 August 2015

Tour de Fleece 2015: The Results

Well. The title of this post may have built up too much expectation at this stage. Sadly, I did not do well in this year's Tour de Fleece. I had far less time to spin and didn't always feel like it either, so you won't be too surprised to hear that I spun very little.


It was my goal to at least finish a 200g bag of fibre, but I have to admit I failed. I seem to have managed just over 100g - that's not even two full bobbins. Better than nothing, but it is disappointing.

I have quite a bit left and will spin it up when I can, but now that the tour is long over, there is no rush. I do love the fibre and the singles so far. I am sure the finished plied yarn will be lovely to knit with and I will have to find a really nice pattern for it someday.

How did you get on during the Tour de Fleece and did you managed to reach your goals?

4 comments:

  1. Aw I'm sorry you are disappointed with how your spinning got on, but I hope you enjoyed doing it? The colours of the yarn are so lovely I'm sure once it's all spun it will be knit up into something gorgeous :) jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Jenny. Yes, I did enjoy the spinning and only wished I had had more time and energy to do more of it at a time. I will finish it - one day.

      Delete
  2. The spinning you have done looks beautiful! I'm sure the yarn will be great when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The colours will look great knitted up.

      Delete