Monday, 17 August 2015

Hand Dyed By Kate: Sandy Cove Sock Yarn

Feast your eyes on this beauty! 

As you may know, I am collaborating with Kate of Hand Dyed By Kate. She hosts a striped sock yarn club for which I provide matching stitch markers every month. When she recently dyed up this wonderfully summery Sandy Cove sock yarn, of course I had to have it, too. I chose the MCN yarn base because I never had cashmere in any of my yarn before and we can all do with some luscious softness on our feet once in a while, right?
Well, this yarn is beautiful and I am really looking forward to knitting it up. As it is a self-striping yarn, I won't bother with a fancy pattern. I want to see the colours in all their glory! I've already got plans for it, but more about that in another blog post later. All I'll say at this stage is that if you have been afraid to knit socks until now, my next post may interest you.
How do you like to knit with self-striping yarn? Do you like to add texture or just knit in stockinette? I imagine a simple slipped stitch pattern would look great.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh my that is some pretty yarn, the colours are so vivid! I think making simple socks with this yarn is the right choice. I guess if my sock yarn is a little cheaper and self striping I don't mind trying out some textured patterns, but with luxurious yarns like this it would be a shame to not let the yarn fully come to its right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful yarn!
    I think the beauty of self-striping is that it looks good with a nice textured stitch and stockinette. For me, it depends on my mood. Most often I tend to go with the stockinette as the striping provides enough entertainment.

    ReplyDelete