Monday, 13 July 2015

Tour de Fleece 2015: Slowest Progress Ever


Last year saw me join the Tour de Fleece for the first time and I spun an amazing amount of yarn in those two weeks. But things were different then: I was working from home and could take as much time out of my day to spin as I wanted. This year things are very different: I just started a full-time job which leaves little time for things like knitting and spinning. I notice this especially in the number of WIPs I have cast on that doesn't seem to diminish - in fact, it's growing!

So this time I have not joined a team and only spin when I really have the time. I dusted and oiled my spinning wheel, found 200g of wonderful Falkland dyed by MandaCrafts, and decided to try and finish it during the Tour. Now I am not at all sure I will make it because one week in, I only managed 50g. That's just sad.

Yet, it is a beautiful 50g and I love the colours. I haven't decided if I want to keep the colour progression intact as I usually do or if I want to ply the yarn in such a way that it looks like barber-pole. 

How are you getting on, fellow spinners? 

No comments:

Post a Comment