Friday, 3 July 2015

Knitting & Crochet Inspiration: Cats and Kittens



Lots of knitters and crocheters are cat lovers, too, so it is high time for a selection of cat patterns. Let me know if you have made any of these and share your photos. I'd love to see your cat knits and crochet.

1. I know, I know. It's far too hot in our northern hemisphere for hats, but I could not resist including this Temple Cat hat pattern by Suzanne Frary. The pattern is subtle in this grey and blue colour combination and this hat would work great for knitters who love cats, but don't want cartoonish character in their knitting. If you haven't tried colourwork before, now may be a good time to give it a go.

2. And who can resist this kitty's big eyes? Kate E Hancock's Amigurumi Cat crochet pattern is a very cute addition for all of you who like making toys. As this is crochet, it should be fairly quick to make. Remember that if you have very small children, it is best to embroider the eyes instead of using safety eyes or similar.

3. If the first kitten is not to your liking or seems too complicated, why not try Mari-Liis Lille's Small Cat crochet pattern instead? It is a simpler design and very kawaii. I especially like the little skirt and bow detail. This pattern is great for a little child's toy (minus the bow).

4. Is your cat very patient? Then maybe it will let you put this mane on her without plotting revenge on its human. I have seen this cat's mane pattern in several places and even though I am not a fan of dressing up your pets, there's something very cool about this look. If you try it, please let me know what your cat thought about it! 

Have you got any other cat patterns for crochet or knitting? Feel free to share in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. I've got a cat pattern! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skinny-kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Thank you for the link.

      Delete
  2. Teehee, that cat mane is fantastic! There's also this pattern on Rav somewhere for jumpers made to fit cats. Always so tempted to knit these kind of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me of all those knitted costumes for pets! Maybe I should make that into a blog post next.

      Delete