Sunday, 31 May 2015

Filling Up My Knitting Project Bags by Coopknits


If you knit a lot, it is a good idea to have a few project bags in which to keep your ongoing WIPs safe. They're great for storing everything in one place: your wool, needles, stitch markers, row counters and anything else you might need for a project. There are lots of different types of bags out there in a variety of sizes, shapes, colours, open ones, zippered ones, drawstring ones, etc. My perfect project bags are zippered so there is absolutely no risk of anything falling out - I worry especially about my stitch markers - and nothing unsavoury can get in either.

Drawstring bags are my second favourite kind, particularly medium sized ones that have enough space for a pair of socks and yarn. I use those a lot because I knit a whole lot of socks. Also, they are fairly cheap most of the time so they don't break the bank. When I saw that Rachel Coopey of Coopknits had two new cotton project bags in store, I just had to have them and I quickly added them to my birthday wish list.


I love the prints! As you can see, both bags are already in use. Socks Yeah! contains two pairs of socks and two balls of yarn, so there is plenty of space. I'm working on a new sock design there so no peeking! The neverending quest for warm feet is actually holding arm warmers in my also neverending quest for warm wrists. I'm using local undyed Gotland DK for these that I bought in Cornwall. The first arm warmer nearly reaches my elbow now so I may cast on the second one soon.

I know us knitters love a good project bag. Do you have a favourite? Is there one you have your eye on? I'd love to see them.


1 comment:

  1. I also prefer zippered ones for the same reason as you, fear some valuable stuff might fall out of a drawstring bag. However with zippered bags I do worry that my precious yarn might get caught in the zipper. The prints on the bags you have a really awesome!

    ReplyDelete