Tuesday, 26 May 2015

How to Use a Clover Pompom Maker: Step-By-Step Photo Guide


I now have enough pompom makers to last me a lifetime! Between the Multipom and my new Clover pompom makers, I can now make a factory load of pompoms within hours. These will all be handy when I take part in the Big Knit again or if I make more garlands or beanies. They'd make good gift wrapping decorations as well.

My favourite pompom makers are the ones from Clover. There are far more inexpensive ways to make them, of course, such as by using a fork, but for some reason I enjoy winding my yarn around a Clover instead. The pompoms seem to come out nicely rounded as well so that no trimming is needed. I know lots of you love pompoms, so here's a photo guide explaining how to use a Clover pompom maker. I hope it is useful!







Feel free to share this guide and link back to it, pin it and so on. How do you like to make your pompoms? What's the best method for you?

4 comments:

  1. I am trying to be all crafty at the moment and I'd love to make my own pom poms! :) Looks like a lovely shop.

    www.clashingtime.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go! They're quick to make. There are a few easy ways to make them so try them till you find a way that suits you best. These Clover pompom makers are my own preferred tools.

      Delete
  2. I have six of these things and no matter what I do, my pompoms all come out a bit oval shaped! More so on the smaller ones...maybe I'm just too enthusiastic with the winding! I love them though, so much quicker than the old cardboard method :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There does seem to be a trick to it, now that you mention it. You have to wind very evenly, which is tricky if you use the small pompom maker because there is so little space. A quick trim will get them into shape if necessary.

      Delete