Wednesday, 1 April 2015

New Knitting Pattern Coming Soon: Spring Into Darkness Snood


When I bought a skein of Countess Ablaze's sparkly 4-ply in the wonderful colourway Nerds Prefer Their Rainbows Darker, I knew I wanted to knit something special with it. Not another pair of socks, the yarn is much too pretty for that! So in the end I decided to design my own pattern and make a lacy snood.


Cue Spring Into Darkness, a snood that requires just one skein of yarn (100 g/400 m). The lace pattern resembles stylised flowers. I knitted it flat and grafted the ends together to form a loop and after blocking it was just the right size for a snood. I will be wearing it in spring to keep the chill away around my neck, but I can also pull it over my head to keep my ears warm if I need to. Blocked, it measures 40 x 50 cm. The fabric feels nice and light because of the lace.

I hope to publish the pattern on Ravelry and LoveKnitting (just search for Absoknittinglutely) this month.


2 comments: