Saturday, 18 April 2015

Another Day at the Bath Artisan Market


As you know, I live in Bath and we are lucky enough to have a regular artisan market in the heart of the city. Once a month, Green Park Station plays host to an array of makers, most of them local, and it is a great place to visit on a Sunday. You find all sorts of crafts and craftsmanship here, ranging from local food and drink, vintage, sewing, handmade beauty products, jewellery of all descriptions, art and on this occasion even unicorn shoes (colourfully decorated horseshoe shapes).

You will also find the obligatory stand of baby knits, knitted and crocheted little gifts. This month I found this:


Wouldn't they make the perfect yarn butler? They come with nice sharp scissors, too. The base is made from driftwood collected on the southwest coast, which features greatly in Oh My Lovely's work. You should definitely have a look - they are regulars at the market.

I also chatted to Lydia from Black Dog Ginger Cat whom I know from Twitter. I have long admired her very realistic renderings of animals in needlefelt. My favourites are her boxing hares and, of course, Bess the Exmoor pony


Tempted yet? The next market is on 10th May at Green Park Station. if you happen to be in Bath on the right Sunday, this is the place to be. live music, food, drink and lots of artisan craftsmanship. I can personally vouch for the food and drink, which has always been good and I have bought many things here and there over the past few years. I'll definitely be coming back again. Maybe I'll see you there?





5 comments:

  1. oh so much goodness! Must be lovely to be able to go to this once a month. Have you considered a stall? Your yarn, patterns and especially stitch markers would probably do really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful to have such a market here. I don't always go, but I try to. If I ever do craft fairs, I would like to start here, actually, because it is so close to where I live and I am familiar with it. Maybe one day!

      Delete
  2. Lovely market, I've only been there a couple of times but each time I loved it. Adore the boxing hares in particular

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boxing hares are great. The Exmoor pony was also there, which is my favourite, and birds hung up on twigs, but my photo did not come out well. I'm goad to hear you have been to this market. I had no idea you were close enough to visit!

      Delete