I've been working on a new knitting pattern and for the first time it is going to be a snood! After going through a lot of knitting stitch libraries, I found something that appealed to me right away and looked like it wanted to be turned into a snood with my skein of Countess Ablaze's Nerds Prefer Their Rainbows Darker colourway.
After a bit of maths, drafting a pattern and a chart, and the use of several of my lace stitch markers (not to mention looking up how to do a provisional crochet cast on again), I got started. The yarn really knits up amazingly well and is a pleasure to work with. I am still undecided about the name I am going to give the snood. The stitch pattern reminds me of spring blossoms, but the yarn's colour doesn't match the idea of spring. So for now I have tentatively named it Spring into Darkness, but this may change before publication.
The yarn was just enough to finish 6 repeats of the chart. The grafting gave me headaches, honestly. Since I changed the way I knit into stitches, I have been having difficulty grafting and this was a problem here while finishing up the snood. I love the Kitchener stitch because it looks so seamless. Somehow I messed it up, though, and even after the final (fourth!) attempt, you can actually see a seam. It's not too bad and I am certainly not going to undo it again. At some point I will have to practice some grafting to figure out how to get make it work for my new way of knitting.
I can't wait to see how the snood will look once it's been blocked and the lace has opened up properly. I also look forward to seeing how my test knitters are getting on. I really love the stitch pattern and hope you will too.