Sunday, 15 February 2015

A Yarn Story: The New Wool Shop in Bath

There is a new wool shop in Bath! A Yarn Story opened its doors in November 2014 as part of The Shed on the outskirts of the city. I first met Carmen, the owner, at our local knit club when she was thinking about opening her store and was looking for a suitable location. 

Carmen's selection of yarns, needles and notions is amazing: apart from some well known yarns, you will find lots of products from indie artists whose wares you will seldom see elsewhere. You can purchase wool, needles, crochet hooks, all manner of notions and accessories, spinning fibre, magazines, and my favourite wool wash, too. If you can't make it into the store, the website has a shopping cart so hold on to your wallet (or don't!) when browsing the online shop.

If you do get to visit A Yarn Story, you may also find a few familiar items such as my knitting needles with felted toppers, row counter bracelets, and stitch markers that you can pick and mix as you like.









You can follow Carmen on Twitter @ayarnstory or find more ways to connect here.



6 comments:

  1. ooh best of luck to Carmen. The world needs more yarn stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I am going on holiday in April and found that the last yarn shop in that town just closed last year! Where am I going to get my souvenir yarn from now? Very sad. I was hoping for some local yarn. I can still buy it online, but that just isn't the same.

      Delete
  2. Argh pic n mix stitch markers, love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Carmen's idea and it is great, I think. That way you can choose whatever you like and how many you wish to buy.

      Delete
  3. I visited A Yarn Story in December. it's a lovely shop and Carmen is so helpful. Must go back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I am glad it made you want to return. That is always a good sign of a good shop.

      Delete