(Image from my Ravelry project page)
Looking back on 2014, the year does not seem as productive as I expected at first glance. Still, I did finish 12 projects, some of which were long-time WIPs. The first project I finished was, in fact, a three-year-old Seascape shawl knitted with Rowan Kid Silk Haze. I also worked on projects that remain WIPs, and I started a large shawl I nearly finished by the end of the year.
So what were my knitting achievements in the past year?
- I finished a WIP of three years and it is stunning
- I did one test knit for a fellow designer
- I discovered a new and interesting sock construction
- the pair of socks I had to reknit not just once, but twice eventually won prizes in two competitions
- I broke my own record of 88 little hats for The Big Knit by knitting and crocheting 105
- I picked up a shawl I left unfinished for nearly a year because the last pattern repeat was wrong and finished it within 10 minutes, which includes figuring out my place in the pattern
- just in time for the cold season, I knitted a hat and cowl from my own handspun yarn
- against my better judgement, I knitted toys ... and mostly liked it
Now, that doesn't sound bad at all! Are you happy with what you have achieved in 2014? Do you have any goals for the New Year?