Friday, 19 December 2014

Interested In Arm-Knitting? This Is How You Do It

Every month, one of the top viewed posts here on my blog is the one about my only arm-knitting project. It was something I tried on a whim and there was no real information available about it at the time in the form of instructional videos, so I couldn't add any. It bothered me ever since that I could not expand on the technique and provide some visual material for you.

Luckily, there is much more information out there now, including this video for arm-knitting by Simply Maggie. I love the idea of such a chunky blanket!



 If you prefer a smaller project, take a look at this video for a striped infinity scarf by Audra Kurz.



The technique is very intuitive (I figured it out for myself in the process when I made my own cowl this way) and the most difficult part was figuring out how to neatly sew the ends together. I like this video because it also shows you how to use more than just one colour.

Have you tried your hand at arm-knitting? If you haven't, are you intrigued by it?

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried this, maybe I should. It seems very intriguing do, do you enjoy the process itself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it, perhaps mostly because it was something so different. I made a cowl that was done in a matter if minutes so it wasn't quite as satisfying as I had hoped. Now, making a whole blanket would be fun, I think!

      Delete
  2. I first got into knitting after arm knitting an infinity scarf/ cowl. It is quite fun and even if you don't know how to knit (which I didn't at the time) its a really basic technique.

    ReplyDelete