1. Clover mini pompom maker: While I was knitting all those hats for The Big Knit, I was really wishing I had one of those small pompom makers to embellish them with. If only for that. They would come in useful every year.
2. Yarn bowl: Not just any yarn bowl, but this particular one! Sadly, the seller is in the US, which is why I haven't ordered one since discovering it two years ago. I love this bowl because of its colours and the design. The twist, the holes, the slit for the yarn - it is all just beautifully executed.
3. Debbie Bliss Fine Donegal: The yarn, not the book. I recently saw the book in my local wool shop and had a look at the actual yarn and I love it. There was a lovely teal I could imagine myself using as well as the gold from the cover photo. And the green. And the purple. And...
4: The Fleece and Fibre Sourcebook: This book has been on my wish list for a long time. It isn't a book I ever thought I would like, but now that I have been spinning for a long time, I'd like to learn about the different types of wool. It would be a useful resource.
As we crafters know, of course we cannot possibly narrow down our list too just four items, so here are some more items my wish list cannot possibly be without:
5. Storage cases for all my needles and hooks: Even though my needle collection is lacking in sizes, I do have quite a lot of circulars, DPNs, interchangeables and a few pairs of straight needles. I would love to have one single case or storage system that allows me to put all needles in it in an organised fashion. So far I haven't found a good solution to this.
6. Medium or large project bag: I love those little pyramid bags for my sock projects, but I need a nice project bag of medium or large size for shawls and jumpers, ideally with a little notions bag. There are lots of people making nice bags on Etsy and it is hard for me to decide which I like best.
7. Drumcarder: This is a big wish and at present I have no space for it, but one day I will have a drumcarder! At the first wool fair I visited, I had the chance to play with one and blend my own batt. I loved it and would really enjoy combining my own colours.
So what's on your crafty wish list? I'd love to hear from you.