Saturday, 22 November 2014

Spikelets Cowl: Knitted With Handspun Malabrigo

This yarn was destined to be a lovely warm cowl! It is soft and squishy and perfect to wear on skin. I used the Spikelets cowl pattern by Victoria Groger on Ravelry to make this wonderful cowl and it will definitely keep me cosy this winter. I never made a cowl before and wasn't sure I would like it, but the result is perfect. The colours are great as well and just what I look for in yarn.
I followed the pattern instructions and used 4 mm and 5 mm needles. The cabling is easy to do if you have worked with cables before and there is still a lot of mindless knitting involved on most rows. I ran out of yarn towards the end, unfortunately, so my cowl is about 8 rows shorter than it should be. However it is high enough, it turns out, and would have been too bulky had I knitted the full length. I had a look at other people's versions on Ravelry and it looks like I am not the only one to have a shorter cowl. So I am happy with it as it is!
Image: Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cowl, I really love those colours in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have been wearing it a lot lately and it will be an essential piece for winter. The softness is unbelievable and the colours are fantastic.

      Delete