Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Addendum: Bed Socks for Oma

A while back I posted about the bed socks I knitted for my grandma for Christmas. I thought they looked a little boring since they didn't have any patterning at all, so I picked them up again and added a little bit of cross stitch along the sides. I tried to make snowflake shapes on the foot at first, but that made the socks much bulkier, so I undid it again. The stripes aren't particularly fascinating, of course, but at least they break up the plain socks a little bit. Who knows what else I might add before Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea to add a bit of cross stitch to a plain sock. The stripe is simple but makes the socks just that bit more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Should my grandma ask for bed socks again, i now have a pattern from a book that just arrived yesterday. It features a pair of knee-length socks with a pompom tie on each. That would be lovely! It is her birthday in March, so maybe I should make them for spring instead of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete