Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Spinning Malabrigo Nube - Indiecita

I have some more woolly goodness to show you: my finished skein of Malabrigo Nube in the Indiecita colourway. it is lovely and squishy and the colours are beautiful too. They are slightly paler than my usual colours of choice, but I already have plans for this skein. Once I finish my Christmas knitting, I want to turn this yarn into the Spikelets Cowl for colder days. I think the yarn would go really well with it.
As before, this braid of fibre was difficult to draft and spin, but I was prepared for it this time and it made for a more pleasant experience. I spun longdraw and chainplyed the singles to make a yarn slightly thicker than my usual choice. Because I had a short break while spinning this fibre, I ended up with one bobbin full of a slightly finer single than the previous one. At a difference of 1 - 2 WPI, it shouldn't make too much of a difference, I hope.
I can't wait to start knitting! My first skein of Malabrigo is earmarked for a hat to go with the cowl, so I will be busy knitting for the winter soon enough. Both hat and cowl will have gradual colour changes and result in nice stripes in the fabric. They'll go well with my black winter coat, which is in desperate need of some colourful accessories.
Are you spinning anything at the moment? Do you have any idea what you want to knit or crochet with it in the end? If you have any pictures, I'd love to see them.

4 comments:

  1. I really adore the colours of this skein, I'm sure it's going to make a beautiful cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to write an ode to how pretty that yarn is.That cowl is going to be the prettiest cowl ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments!

    I am loving these colours too. I may change my mind about what to knit with it, I realised. I had bookmarked this yarn for the cowl and a previous skein for a hat. Now I think I may swap them round instead. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to join the choir singing this skein's praises. Those colours are wonderful. I'm spinning malabrigo nube as well, for my mum's christmas present. I'm planning on spinning it a lot looser though, since she prefers a thin yarn with lots of yardage. (She once asked if I could get 600m out of 100g, not a chance...)

    ReplyDelete