Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Sweet Georgia Sock Yarn - It's Here!

As you know, I won yarn for my now twice prize-winning Stitchsurfer socks - and it has arrived! The ladies of the Must Stash podcast sent me a hank of Sweet Georgia's Tough Love sock yarn in the colourway Summer Dusk. It consists of 80% merino and 20% nylon, and it's just so smooshy. 

It really is very nice and soft, which I like a lot. I think the yarn will have great stitch definition, too, from what I can tell at this point. I wish I didn't have so many other knitting projects on the go that I could start with this yarn. It's the knitter's constant problem: too many WIPs. (I shall gloss over the many abandoned though half-finished projects.)

When I showed the hank to Mark he immediately said it looks like the yarn that I dye. He's right! It will be fun to see how it knits up; I've already had a look at other people's projects on Ravelry so I have an idea. I suspect I will make socks again. No surprise there! Because of the way it will knit up, I think a lacy pattern won't do much good. Perhaps I will make something with only knit and purl stitches, a bit of cabling, perhaps. Or, maybe, I should make new gloves! Oh dear. I can never decide.

What would you knit with this yarn? Share your ideas in the comments. Have you ever used Sweet Georgia yarn? How do you like it?

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore Sweet Georgia Yarn! Particularly the Tough Love Sock base. You are right it does have lovely stitch definition and seems to be pretty hard wearing too. All in all a perfect, true, sock yarn. For that colourway have a look at De Stijl. It worked beautifully for me when I knitted it in the same base but Phoenix Rising colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kay. I do like the stitch pattern of De Stijl so may give it a try. I can already picture it with this colour, actually.

    I am glad you have a positive opinion of this yarn. Hard-wearing sock yarn is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never knit with Sweet Georgia before but it looks amazing in the pictures! I'm sure they'll make a lovely pair of socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They'll definitely be nice and warm!

    ReplyDelete