Friday, 15 August 2014

Knitting and Crochet Inspiration


It's been a while. Time for some new knitting and crochet inspiration!

This time I have chosen a yellow theme to go with the unusually long summer we've been having here in the UK. I suspect that autumn isn't too far off now, so you'll probably want to start those mittens, hats and scarves soon. So why not try one of these patterns?

1. This beautiful shawl caught my eye not only because of the stunning lady modelling it, but also because of its bold colour and delicate pattern. It is just what I look for in a shawl and, perhaps best of all, it's free. Check it out on Knitty.

2. The Shifting Sands scarf is a design by Grumperina, a designer I came across early on in my knitting days. Her patterns are great to knit and straightforward. I especially like how the light plays on the pattern, highlighting some bits while throwing deep shadows in places. Very pretty!

3. Who doesn't need storage for all that yarn and knitting notions? This ombre storage basket is perfect. This crochet pattern is simple and should be find for beginning crocheters too.

4. The Endpaper Mitts are probably among the best known on Ravelry. I have come across them so often and yet I've not knitted them for myself. One day I probably will because I really like the look of them. This is a pattern I also came across very early in my knitting days so they have been around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment