Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Forced to Take a Break

Who would have thought that yoga, of all things, could put a stop to my knitting? Well, it's happened.

I am new to yoga and started it to strengthen my back. Since, like a lot of people, I am usually sitting all day, I wanted to try a form of exercise I could easily do anywhere. So yoga it was and I practiced it every day since mid-April. I had a bunch of very sore muscles at the start, but nothing terrible. Then one day during practice I gave my spine a lovely deep twist which always feels good. This time, for some reason, it didn't go as easily as usual and, stupidly, I forced it. Well, soon after, I was rewarded with painful spasms that put me to bed. Diagnosis: a torn muscle in my middle back!

Unable to even sit up at the moment, I am missing my knitting. I can't knit lying down although I've tried, so I am pretty much online all day. I will have to find a way to do something creative even while cooped up in bed. I have made some more stitch markers, including some sets for crochet by popular demand, so not all is lost.

The shops remain open, so please keep placing orders. All will be dispatched the next day as usual. 

6 comments:

  1. You poor thing. I think after this cautionary tale, I may roll up my mat.

    I hope you heel quickly and that the discomfort eases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no :(

    I hope you will get well soon *many hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unfortunate!
    I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Yoga was meant to be relaxing, who would have thought...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your good wishes. I am feeling better now and no longer confined to the bed. Today I went out for my first short walk in weeks and it was okay. Later in the day it tends to be uncomfortable and painful, so I still need to be careful.

    ReplyDelete