Monday, 31 March 2014

Shop Update: Russian Doll Stitch Markers

In this final instalment for the month, let me introduce one of my bestsellers at Abso-knitting-lutely: matryoshka stitch markers.
The success of these Russian dolls surprised me. When I added the first set to my shop, it did not fly off the shelf immediately. Instead it took 2 -3 weeks till they found a new home. I then made another set in new colours and that one was snatched up soon after. So I made another set and then another, and it soon became clear that there was a demand for them. To cater to this demand, I have added more sets here.

Even though forming these dolls is fairly easy to do, it is their faces that are a little daunting! I have to paint the features onto them, giving them unique features that give each of them a different character. Sometimes they look like they're frowning, others look cheerful, some are rather non-committal. But that keeps the process interesting and the results different every time.

Have you got your set yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment