Wednesday, 1 January 2014

A Happy New Year of Knitting

Happy New Year!

I hope you had a good start to 2014 and are looking forward to what this year will bring. Personally, I mainly spent New Year's Eve ill in bed. Perfect timing as usual.
(Image: Kitman Figueroa)

Having just looked back on the projects I knitted and spun last year, I have no idea what I am going to knit this year. Have you got any plans yet? At the moment I am working on the Koi Rama shawl I have had my eye on for ages. The pattern was a gift as well as the Wollmeise yarn I decided to use for it. The colourway is a lovely warm and deep yellow. This is one of the "We are different" skeins that didn't quite turn out the way they were supposed to. The original colourway is called Mango, and I can certainly see why! It is a beautiful colour.

 Please excuse the blurry image.

Koi Rama requires concentration while knitting, so that explains why I had to unravel it twice shortly after starting. I misread the chart and only realised on row 13. So on Christmas Day I started again and so far everything's gone well. Fingers crossed!

I am almost finished with the first chart (which is half of the shawl's edging), but I have no idea when I will finish this project - I am making slow progress, but then again I am ill and finding it hard to focus on anything for long, and I am not knitting every day. It's not a difficult knit, though, even if you do need to be careful. Once you get into the rhythm, it's all good.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Trish! Thank you, I am getting better at last so by the middle of next week I should be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete