Sunday, 22 December 2013

Spinning Projects 2013

When looking back on the yarns I have spun this year, I am not entirely sure how much I have actually accomplished. Until recently I never even noted down when exactly I finished spinning something up, so making a list of all of this year's handspun isn't easy. Here I am only including yarn I definitely know I spun in 2013, not counting samples.

In no particular order:

1. Midnight - 2-ply lace from space dyed 28 micron Falkland tops, 200g
2.  East Frisian sheep wool (Milchschaf) - singles, 50g
3. Light Rainbow - singles, 70% Shetland, 30% Tussah silk, 100g
4. Nearly Autumn -  2-ply, probably Polwarth, 100g
5. Seacell - cobweb, 50g
6. Banana top - lace singles, 50g
7. Blue Skies and Snowflakes: still in progress
8. Camel and Silk - still in progress, 70% white camel, 30% silk sliver, 100g

Considering how long it takes me to spin, I think I have done pretty well here. But at this pace, who knows when I will finally get through all my yet-to-be spun fibre purchases from Wonderwool 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment