Thursday, 14 November 2013

Gloves for V

Just when I thought I had finished all my Christmas knitting and could start on a new shawl, my friend Verena said she would like a pair of fingerless gloves! So we went through some yarn from my stash and she made a very good choice: Noro Silk Garden, which is an Aran weight and therefore thicker than I had hoped for gloves, but I knew it would look amazing.
After a fruitless search on Ravelry, I decided to design them myself instead. It became very obvious that trying to knit half fingers with this yarn wasn't going to work well due to its thickness, so I decided to knit an insert to sew into the gloves. It worked really well and the gloves are definitely going to keep Verena warm.
I plan to publish the pattern in my Ravelry store at a later date, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment