Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Finished: Kyna Shawl

It's finished, it's blocked and it's dry at last. My Kyna shawl is small, but it measures 140 cm from end to end nonetheless and I really love the cables. It's perfect as a scarf to go with my new winter coat!

The colour is hard to capture on photos and is closest to the first one. In reality, the brown is much richer and even though I am not usually a fan of brown, I really like this shade of Colinette Jitterbug yarn called Copperbeech. The intermingled colours help to make the yarn look very vivid and interesting. Well done, Colinette!
Blocking the shawl was easy: I soaked it in warm water with a drop of mild soap and used my trusty blocking wires. I folded the shawl in half, so drying took a little longer, but it was convenient and didn't take up much room. 
I really enjoyed knitting a shawl with fingering weight yarn, which I hadn't done before. Usually, I use lace weight though I did try DK on two occasions too. Fingering weight is great, but you need a lot of yarn for most shawls. Kyna needed less than a full 150g-skein of Colinette Jitterbug, which surprised me. I look forward to knitting another shawl with a fingering weight yarn soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment