Friday, 25 October 2013

Next Project: Kyna Shawl

At long last I have finished knitting the socks I started in September, so it's time to plan my next project. And I've already found it!
(Image source: Lucy Hague)

As soon as I saw the Kyna shawl pattern, I knew I wanted to knit it for myself. I just love the cables and also the fact that it is knitted sideways - a nice change from the usual top-down or bottom-up shawls. But the best thing is that I have just the right yarn in my stash too.

The pattern calls for fingering weight yarn, so I'll be using my squishy skein of Colinette Jitterbug in the colourway Copperbeech. 
(Image source: Colinette)

The photo on the Colinette website does not do it justice; Copperbeech has a wonderful sheen and it is very squishy like all of the range's yarn. I did not some time to get used to the colour, but I do love it now because of the many little spots of colour among the rich brown. It will be fantastic to knit with, I'm sure. Originally, I couldn't find a nice shawl pattern for this yarn's yardage, so I'm really glad I came across Kyna at last.

Now I just hope my tension is right and I don't run out of yarn before the end! What are you planning to do next?

3 comments:

  1. That pattern looks very nice. Fingers crossed that your yarn will suffice. I find it nerve wrecking to be not sure in advance ... living on the edge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baa! The pattern calls for exactly the amount of yarn I have, so I am hoping it is right and I don't suddenly find I am knitting too loosely and therefore using more yarn. So far it is going well (at least after the first section where I had to start over because the instructions weren't entirely clear). It's looking good too and my yarn is so fun to knit with! I'll go knit some more in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Der Schal sieht toll aus und die Wolle gleich noch besser. Bin schon auf dein Ergebnis gespannt
    LG
    Micha

    ReplyDelete