Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Bamboo Socks - Finished!

My mother asked for a pair of socks this Christmas, but not just any old socks. No, they had to be suitable for wearing with flip flops! Well, "gesagt, getan", as we say in German, and there I was, knitting this pair with two different coloured balls of yarn.
I have written the pattern down and will publish it at a later date once it has been tested. The hardest part about all this is really sewing in all the ends. Because I knitted stripes, there are two ends for each stripe that have to be woven into the fabric in the end. Not much fun, I can tell you that! Of course you can knit these socks in just one colour if you want to save yourself the trouble. In the end you'll have a lovely warm pair of socks and it's all worth it.
The toe section is quite simple once you have determined how you want to divide the stitches. I am very pleased with how it turned out. The colours remind me a bit of bamboo, hence the name. As you can see in the photos, I ran out of yarn towards the end, resulting in toes of a different colour! They were meant to be green, not brown. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment