Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Owling Washcloth

I am not usually a fan of cotton yarns, but I won three skeins in a competition at Simply Homemade a while back that I used to knit a few things already. I still have quite a bit of it left and thought it is a great opportunity to replace some of my old knitted flannels (washcloths to American readers).
Coincidentally, a friend on Ravelry was busily tempting people with all sorts of flannel patterns and she actually sent me one as a present. Owling is an easy pattern to knit within a day. My yarn is much thinner than the one specified in the pattern instructions and I used 3.25 mm needles to get a thinner flannel. It is very soft and feels great when I use it to wash my face. I now hope to replace some of my old knitted flannels with more of these. 


2 comments:

  1. It is really cute. My mom has a friend who loves owls. Really who doesn't? I might have to steal this pattern*wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, everybody seems to love owls! I have noticed it lately as well. Have fun knitting this pattern!

    ReplyDelete