Sunday, 19 May 2013

Making Lace Stitch Markers

For quite some time I've been in love with the simple lace stitch markers that consist of only a ring and a bead, the ones that look like the ball closure rings often used for piercings. I don't know why I didn't try making these before, but recently I saw them elsewhere again and decided to give it a go. 
I ordered silver rings, trying to decide what would be the best size, and the best glue for the job. I still have lots of beads here from my knitting and beading projects so I was all set. Obviously, making these markers is fairly quick and easy and the glue is the key because you don't want the bead to come loose and turn the beautiful snag-free markers into horribly distracting rings that get caught on your knitting.
At the moment I am waiting for the glue to be delivered so the markers aren't quite finished yet, but they're looking good so far! I really like them and hope to make more for both my customers and me. I would love to make them with rings in different colours, not just beads in different shades. Perhaps offering different sizes would be a good idea too. Hm, so many choices!

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Nadia,
    da warst Du ja fleißig am Basteln, schön.

    Liebe Grüße

    Steffi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schön sind die Mamas geworden!

    Gruß
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete