Sunday, 5 May 2013

Leftie in Green and White

Shortly after Leftie was published, a nice lady from the German RAK group bought me the pattern as a gift because I liked the look of it so much. I'd always planned to knit it mainly in white with colourful leaves and stripes, pretty much like the original from the designer. However, that never happened.
Coincidentally, I got yarn on my birthday last month, including a 150g skein of Colinette Jitterbug in the Lagoon colourway. Even though I wasn't too sure about the green at first and was already thinking about swapping it, it soon grew on me. And best of all, it makes the perfect main colour for my Leftie. I also found a ball of unloved white acrylic yarn with which to knit the stripes and leaves, so I was all set to begin.
This is a very easy knit - a bit too easy perhaps because it gets very boring the longer the rows become. All you need to do is knit in stockinette, do short rows and increases. I can't knit more than one section at a time because I get too restless.
That said, I love how it looks so far. I've woven in most of the ends along the way so I won't have to do it at the very end. There are two ends for every stripe after all! It's not going as fast as I'd hoped, but once my Leftie is done, it will be fantastic.

7 comments:

  1. Just been over to Ravelry to check out the pettern and I love it! Your colourway works well Nadia, I can see myself making a few of these over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise! It's a good pattern to knit while travelling or watching TV and it is easily memorised too, so give it a go. :) It's simple, but looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Nadia
    schöne Farben hast du dir da für deinen Leftie ausgesucht!
    Gruß
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huhu Nadia,
    Das ist ein wunderschönes Stück!
    Die Farben sind wahnsinnig toll. Mir gefällt vor allem das Grün, was mich richtig an den Sommer und den Frühling denken lässt :)

    Liebe Grüße
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vielen Dank, Micha, Heike und Jenny! Ich bin gespannt, wie gross er am Ende sein wird. Bisher habe ich ja noch nicht die Haelfte verstrickt.

    ReplyDelete