Sunday, 7 April 2013

Super Secret Summer Surprise: The Sock Yarn Wundertüte!

I can now reveal the Super Secret Summer Surprise I'd been planning and working on for some time: the Wundertüte!

Wundertüte is the German term for grab bag, it just sounds much nicer and I associate it with the bags of toys and sweets I used to be treated to once in a while as a child. I loved them because you never knew what you were going to get, but whatever it was, it would be fun. I liked the secrecy and the mystery as well as the excitement. 

I wanted to share this excitement and offer more grown-up knitting-themed Wundertüten, so I have chosen themes for my bags, all of them about summer to get us in the mood for the warmer seasons. At the moment there are three themes available: Pool Party, Camp Fire and Welcome to Rio. 

Each bag contains a hand-dyed skein of sock yarn that you can see in the images here, but the set of stitch markers and additional small gift remain a secret. You won't know what they are till you received the bag, but they all match the theme and colour scheme of the yarn. The markers may be beaded or handsculpted. The bag has a total value of £30, but you pay less since you are buying a set of items.

I hope you are just as excited about my Wundertüten as I am! If they sell well, I am hoping to make more on other special occasions such as Halloween, Christmas, New Years etc.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I am wishing you a lot of success with the "Wundertüten".

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant idea! Reminds me of 'lucky bags' when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete