Sunday, 7 April 2013

Ruislip: A Beret that Fits

Oddly enough, ever since I had all my long hair cut off, it has become nearly impossible for me to find or knit hats that suit me. When I had long hair everything looked good, but now with this practical crop I am finding it hard to wear any hats at all unless they are chunky.
After several disasters, I have now managed to knit a hat that actually does look better. It's still not perfect, but it is definitely wearable.
Ruislip was designed by Woolly Wormhead and you will find the pattern in Simply Knitting's March issue from this year. I used my own handspun yarn which is squishy and soft. The colours are fantastic as well. I got the fibre from Manda Crafts in the colourway Berry Berry Nice.
Now I am just waiting for this wintry weather to leave and for spring to arrive so I can wear my new hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment