Monday, 15 April 2013

Etsy: Norolim Sock Pattern Available Now

I'm in a bit of a sock designing phase at the moment and am happy to announce that my second pattern is now available for download on Ravelry and Etsy

Fans of The Lord of the Rings will recognise the sock’s name Norolim from the films and book. Wanting to flee from the Nazgul, Arwen commands her horse, “Norolim, Asfaloth! Norolim!” Since I first knit these socks using Noro Kureyon Sock yarn, the name stuck.

I had knitted these socks some years before just for myself and never thought about putting the pattern to paper for some reason. it made sense to do it now in order to expand my product range. It didn't take long to put the pattern together again, but Melissa was an essential test knitter (the pink sock in the image above is hers) who found a few small errors that I was able to put right. 

Late last week I uploaded the pattern and I look forward to seeing the socks others will knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment